Friday, October 10, 2008

My Favourite Calvin and Hobbes quotes


If you know me or have read my first post, it is obvious to you that I am a total C&H freak..I have got the whole collection in my PMP and I can never have enough of this boy wonder..the past two months have been tough on me...and through all those days, Calvin and Hobbes' adventures kept my spirits high..someone said "Calvin and Hobbes outclasses the rest of the comic strip world more than anything else has ever outclassed the rest of its medium"...and I cant agree more..so as a tribute to this masterpiece of Bill Waterson, presenting few of my fav C&H quotes..

1. True friends are hard to come by...I need more money.
2. How come we play war and not peace ?...too few role models.
3. I believe in stars, because life's a lot more fun when you are not responsible for your actions.
4. Life's disappointments are harder to take when you dont know any swear words.
5. I live according to ONE principle, and I never deviate from it.."Look out for number ONE".
6. That's one of the remarkable things about life..its never so bad that it cant get worse.
7. God put me on earth to achieve a certain number of things..right now, I am so far behind, I'll never die.
8. I'm not dumb...I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
9. Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it.
10. That's the difference between me and the rest of the world..happiness isnt good enough for me..I demand euphoria.
11. I have plenty of common sense...I just choose to ignore it.
12. Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous.
13. They say winning isnt everything and I have decided to take their word for it.
14. Reality continues to ruin my life.
and The Top One...
15. The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

Genius, pure genius !!

3 comments:

  1. yep, it's genius."I'm not dumb...I just have a command of thoroughly useless information". so true...... don, u are interesting when u are calvin (or, even karnage). there is so much to tell. so plz dont write like a jaded journo. this is one of your best pieces. looking forward to something snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well..i am trying to change the world thru my blog..dats why d posts often take a serious note..heheh..dnt worry..snazzy stuffs r just round d corner..

    ReplyDelete